IDAHO FALLS, Idaho – March 15, 2018 – Building Hope Today – a nonprofit dedicated to raising awareness of childhood sexual abuse, reveal its lasting effects, and safeguard those at risk – is thrilled to announce the addition of Jean Fisher to its board of directors.
Jean Fisher is the Special Crimes Chief at the Ada County Prosecutor’s Office. Jean’s career has been dedicated to prosecuting sexual abuse offenders of both juveniles and adults. Her position with Building Hope Today is incredibly valuable as the organization works with prosecuting attorneys to help quantify grooming as supporting evidence to strengthen cases against abusers.
“Working with victims in court, I know how hard it is for them to find their voice and expose their vulnerability to judges, defense attorneys, and jurors — not to mention the offenders themselves,” said Jean Fisher, Ada County Prosecutor’s Office Special Crimes Chief. “Building Hope Today, can help train and educate our law enforcement, our counselors, and ultimately our jurors about the special nuances at trial involving minor children. Helping to explain why children don’t immediately tell of abuse and why delayed disclosure is so common with minors can be difficult for a juror or detective to understand. Building Hope Today has the ability to become a much-needed clearing house in Idaho and across the nation, advocating for specialized training involving child abuse investigations.”
The board of directors of Building Hope Today is a group of distinguished legal experts from Washington D.C., Atlanta, Georgia, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Idaho Falls, Idaho and Boise, Idaho. The board includes:
• Matt and Lynne Morgan, co-founders of Building Hope Today
• Lorie Brisbin, Correctional Program Specialist with the Community Services Division of the National Institute of Corrections (NIC)
• Pat McKenna, Detective with Idaho Falls Police Department
• Liz Bigham, Special Agent with Georgia Bureau of Investigation
• Lydia Newlin, Victim Services and Restorative Justice Program Manager with Minnesota Department of Corrections
• Danny Clark, Prosecuting Attorney with Bonneville County Prosecutor’s Office
• Jean Fisher, Special Crimes Chief with Ada County Prosecutor’s Office
For more information on Building Hope Today, please visit buildinghopetoday.org or attend the 2018 Community Outreach Conference on April 9, 2018, from 5:30-9:00 p.m. at the Boise Center.
About Building Hope Today
Building Hope Today is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2017. Building Hope Today works to raise awareness of the prevalence of childhood sexual abuse, reveal its lasting effects, and safeguard those at risk on the path toward a hope-filled tomorrow. If you or someone you know needs help, please visit www.buildinghopetoday.org or call 208-524-0400.