Building Hope Today > I Need Help > I Know a Parent

I Know a Parent

I’m concerned about my child

There may be nothing greater than the well-being of our children and we honor your right and your determination to become an active DEFENDER and PROTECTOR of your child!

You might not know it, but the law actually requires that we report suspicions of childhood sexual abuse. Failure to report suspected any type of abuse, neglect, or abandonment can be a misdemeanor. BUT you are NOT REQUIRED to have evidence when making a good-faith report. Toward that end, please know this is a SAFE place to begin the process of reporting an incident of abuse or suspected abuse.

Remember, EVERY CHILD possesses the right to be PROTECTED AND CARED FOR.

Below are the organizations we recommend contacting in Idaho and National resource, according to your own unique circumstances.

The same contacts can be utilized if you have questions and need support as you work through your good faith report or if you are certain a child is experiencing abuse:


Idaho Resources

• Idaho Department of Health and Welfare / 208.334.5437 or 855.552.5437 /

This is the state-run department and is well-equipped to take your good faith report.

• Child Advocacy Centers throughout Idaho /             


National Resources

• Darkness to Light  / 866.FOR.LIGHT

A D2L counselor can help with your concerns and direct you to a local resource for reporting.

• Child Advocacy Centers  /  800.239.9950

A CAC representative can help you evaluate your suspicions of abuse.

If your child is being abused by a spouse or a partner, and you have safety concerns or questions, contact:


Idaho Resources

• Idaho Careline: Dial 211 or 1-800-669-3179 /

• The Idaho Coalition Against Sexual & Domestic Violence/

• Child Advocacy Centers throughout Idaho /


National Resources

• Child Advocacy Centers  /  800.239.9950

A CAC representative can help you evaluate your suspicions of abuse.

• /
 – Support for Adult Survivors of child sexual abuse

If you live in the following counties and would like to bring your child for a supportive and conscientious evaluation of his or her circumstance, gain some insights into the incident(s), and have access to legal and counseling services if needed, we recommend contacting:


List of resources throughout all Idaho Counties

• daho Careline / / 2-1-1 or 1-800-669-3179

Specific County Resources

Ada County – Faces of Hope /  /  208.577.4400

Faces of Hope offers an entire range of services to help you and your child.

Madison County – Family Crisis Center /  / (208) 356-0065

Kootenai County – The North Idaho Children’s Advocacy Center / / 208-664-9303

Bannock County – Bright Tomorrows / / (208) 234-2646

Twin Falls County – St. Lukes CARES / (208) 737-2600
– Voices Against Violence / / (208) 733-0100

For insights on what to expect and how to best communicate with your child regarding any incidents, visit or read our Commonly Asked Questions or utilize the Building Hope Today Family Pack.